Sahar Oil Refinery has made significant progress to date on the project plan. These achievements are the result of specialized efforts and taking advantage of credit and reputation of our shareholders.
- A permit has been granted by the Ministry of Petroleum for construction of the refinery
- The existing feed supply contract with the NIOC (National Iranian Oil Company) guarantees long-term feed allocation
- The NIOC has offered up to 10% discount on feed prices
- The environmental impact assessment has been completed
- The project site encompasses 60 hectares of land located in Qeshm Island Free Trade Zone at a strategic point in the Persian Gulf
- Conceptual studies from analysis of several scenarios by the Research Institute of the Petroleum Industry and Consulting Engineers Namavaran Pazhouhesh and Touse'e have been completed and the feasibility study for the best scenario has been prepared
- Permit for construction of the refinery has been granted by Qeshm Free Trade Zone Organization
- Certificates have been obtained from the Investment Department of the Ministry of Petroleum
- Permit for economic activity has been granted by Qeshm Free Trade Zone Organization
- Tax exempt status has been granted for 20 years of activity in Qeshm Free Trade Zone
Geotechnics, Climatology, and Topography studies have been done and the project is in the stage of site preparation including fencing and preliminary earthwork.